Sunday, February 3, 2008

I would like to state for the record...

For those of you who didn't get the reference "push the leather to the metal", as letterbrush artists we use small pieces of leather in a metal clamp in place of paint brushes. While I am required to use these brushes, I just want to state for the record that I am against the use of genuine leather and I do not promote it. I try to live as cruelty free as possible, so obviously this goes against my ethics. But I've got a job to do and I will continue to do it well....while hoping that one day I will get my hands on some "pleather" brushes, and give the customer the option of a cruelty free painting :P
That it all!

-Jessica Drummond

8 comments:

Oh the places we will go said...

Just a note-
We have felt brushes to use in lieu
of leather; They should be in the drying cabinet, if not, I'm sure that John will gladly order them.
Angela C.

Sheina Fae said...

Oh... my goodness! What an amazing idea! I am going to link to you guys on my blog, you rock!

Anonymous said...

It is leather.. we got one bum shipment and suddenly its fake leather..

Oh the places we will go said...

Our brushes are leather indeed.
I remember seeing black felt inside
one of our tupperware boxes that we use for storage(inside the drying cabinet). The felt should still be there, unless Katrina or gil used them already. Jeni would know best,
but it's worth checking.
Angela C.

Anonymous said...

Well damn it...I've been hearing different things from many different sources...can't anyone be on the same page around here? geez. I'm hearing that we have have both leather AND felt brushes, I'm hearing that what we believe is leather is ACTUALLY felt...too much confusion. :(

Anonymous said...

I was recently informed they were "beaver felt".. not sure what that is

Sheina Fae said...

It means the felt is Canadian, but not really. Just felt like spontaneously saying something ridiculous.

Anonymous said...

I have been assured that "beaver felt" is 100% cruelty free. But as far as the customer is concerned we use leather...it sounds much more exotic that way.